topostat

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Pet Statistics

Last week I was looking for a dog for my boyfriend and I was undecided on wether buy an AKC dog or just adopt one. I bought none but this statistics would've helped in making my decision.
-There are approximately 65 million owned dogs in the United States.
-Thirty-nine percent of U.S. households (or 40.6 million) own at least one dog.
-Most owners (65%) own one dog.
-Twenty-three percent of owners own two dogs.
-Twelve percent of owners own three or more dogs.
-On average, owners have almost two dogs (1.6).
-Slightly more male dogs are owned than female dogs.
-Eighteen percent of owned dogs were adopted from an animal shelter.
-On average, dog owners spent $263 on veterinary related expenses in the past 12 months.
-Seventy-two percent of owned dogs are spayed or neutered

I got this statistics from: www. hsus.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home