topostat

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Suzuki: the Best of the Best

My brother, Binh, and I are both owners of the street bikes 2001 Suzuki gsx-r 750 and 2001 gsx-r 600 . Thus, my ownership of the Suzuki 750 has made me obsessed with street bikes. I started riding because I thought it was the “cool” thing to do. Little did I know, researching for the right bike took long hours of hard work.

My first responsibilities are to learn everything about the bike and to know how to operate one. I decided on reviewing the three leading makers of street bikes: Suzuki, Kawasaki, and Honda. After long hours of research, I came to a conclusion that Suzuki was the bike for me because of the great statistics I found on the internet, magazines, and through hearsay. Suzuki priced its gsx-r 750 around $9,000, which I thought was cheaper than a Kawasaki zx-7 that ranges around the same price. The difference here is that a gsx-r 750 has 750 cc’s compared to only 700 cc’s that Kawasaki offers. You’re probably wondering what in the world is a “cc.” CC means the horsepower (how strong the bike is) of the bike. The gsx-r overall length is 80.9 inches beating the zx-7 with only a distance of 78.2 inches. The reason why I like it bigger is becauseI feel like a “Big Boy” while riding. Overall, Suzuki is the best maker for street bikes. If anyone would like a ride, let me know!http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products/GSXR750K5/Default.aspx

1 Comments:

  • You are right Jose, CC is cubic centimeter. This is the displacement of the engine. This number signifies the volume of air displaced by a single revolution of an engine. So, Dinh's bike displaces 750 cubic centimeters of air in one revolution of the engine. I've seen that copperish orange bike too, parked in fron of Miller. I'm not sure of the model but I am sure it is a Suzuki. I have a friend who has a GSX 750 back home, it was nice until he laid it down, over, and over again doing stoppies, wheelies, and riding on the handle bars. That poor bike...

    By Blogger Jason R., at 7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home