topostat

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Top 10: Nielsens

Since I came to collage I’ve never watched so much TV in my life. I really wanted to become a series fan like my older friends were with friends but it’s hard to get into just any show. So if you’re like me I’m here to help. This is last weeks Nielson Ratings as posted on www.cnn.com :
1. “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation” CBS, 27.5 million viewers
2. “American Idol” (Tuesday), Fox, 25.6 million viewers
3. “Desperate Housewives,” ABC, 25.3 million viewers
4. “American Idol” (Wednesday), Fox 25 million viewers
5. “CSI: Miami”, CBS, 20.7 million viewers
6. “Survivor” CBS, 20.4 million viewers
7. “Without a Trace”, CBS 20 million viewers
8. “Grey’s Anatomy” ABC, 19.2 million viewers
9. “House”, Fox, 17.8 million viewers
10. “Law & Order” NBC, 16.9 million viewers
Over all the ratings reflect good programming from CBS who takes four of the
top ten spots. Another thing to note is that viewer loyalty is crucial. Spin of shows such as the CSI series is doing very well where as the Law & Order series spin offs aren’t. The ratings show that the original is still the most watched. Also to be noted that three new series take over rankings 3, 9, and 10. I personally have become quite addicted to ABC’s “Desperate Housewives” and “Grey’s Anatomy” and CBS’s “Without a Trace”

1 Comments:

  • I had a friend say to me, "how can American Idol be the #2 TV program? I don't know anyone who watches that c$#p!".

    What's wrong with my friend's reasoning?

    By Blogger John Topoleski, at 3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home